COMMUNITY ARTS COUNCIL RESOURCES
The many vibrant Community Arts Councils across South Dakota are a critical network supporting the arts in every corner of the state. Below, you will find a number of resources, updates, and events specifically for the Community Arts Councils. Please feel free to contact Community Development Director Andrew Reinartz with any questions or thoughts.
Community Arts Council Survey
- Community Arts Council Survey – In an effort to learn more about the more than 30 Community Arts Councils in the region, Arts South Dakota is conducting a small survey of the type, scope, and impacts of your organizations. We hope you will consider taking this survey! If you’d prefer to print and mail a response, you can find a pdf version of the survey here.
- Advocacy Documents – Find a number of recently updated shareable infographics, illustrating how the arts are impacting South Dakota Communities.
- Monthly Teleconferences – Arts South Dakota is laying the groundwork to start hosting monthly Zoom teleconferences for the Community Arts Council staff, volunteers, and board members. Look for more information on scheduling, and how to join, here soon!
- Facebook Group – Private Facebook group just for the staff, board, and volunteers of Community Arts Councils. Join the conversation!
- Community Arts Council Contact Information – A current listing and primary contact information for the state’s councils.South Dakota Arts Impact Map
- South Dakota Arts Impact Map – The first thing to know about advocating for the arts is that the place to start is right in your own neighborhood. We hope this interactive map will provide timely and significant information related to the arts in your county and across South Dakota.
- Arts Happy Hours – Art South Dakota hosts small informal Arts Happy Hours around the state. Local arts council partners will help to host artists, organizations, and arts lovers from their regions as a chance to get together and meet each other, as well as for Arts South Dakota to get a chance to learn more about everything happening in those arts communities.