The Garage welcomes artists from the Black Hills, and the state of South Dakota, to submit their work for consideration of an artist exhibition at our space. Each month, we welcome hundreds of visitors to the space.
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis. A committee of three people from The Garage review applications once a quarter from a call for entries to determine artists to invite to exhibit. All applicants will be informed of the decision of the committee within two months of their submission. For artists selected to exhibit, The Garage will:
- Assist in hanging the work;
- Assist the artist in creating an artist’s statement, if needed;
- Display the artist statement;
- Manage inquiries regarding purchase of the work back to the artist;
- Promote the exhibit through our available social media channels;
- Host an artist’s reception at The Garage;
- Assist the artist in removing the work at the end of the exhibit.