The University of South Dakota Foundation generates private resources to support the University of South Dakota, its students, and faculty to advance the institution. Through a variety of programs and special initiatives, we raise awareness among current and prospective donors and volunteers regarding the importance of investing in the University of South Dakota. Our team cultivates and sustains strong relationships with all our stakeholders across the nation.
The Director of Development for USD’s College of Fine Arts is an innovative leader who is responsible for leading an integrated approach to engage alumni and donors to advance the philanthropic mission of USD’s College of Fine Arts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop meaningful and productive relationships with a portfolio of major gift donors to inspire investment in the College of Fine Arts.
- Secure gifts in support of the University of South Dakota, with an emphasis on the College of Fine Arts.
- Execute the engagement strategy through the integration of annual giving, marketing, and stewardship.
- Work closely with campus partners, department chairs, and marketing to carry out the strategic initiatives of the College of Fine Arts.
The following skills are essential for success:
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills, and active listening skills with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong strategic thinking, analytical, and organizational skills with the ability to plan, execute, and follow through.
- Regional and national travel is expected of this position.
- Bachelor’s degree required, background in fine arts, business, marketing, communications, or related field preferred.
- One to three years of combined fundraising, business development, marketing, or communications experience. Experience in fundraising for a higher education institution is preferred.
The University of South Dakota Foundation offers a competitive salary with an excellent and comprehensive benefits package. Applicants should submit their letter of interest and resume to Joe Hoose, Director of Talent Management (email@example.com). Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.