The Artistic Director will be responsible for all aspects of operating the choir, including parent communication and all student matters. It includes office duties that directly relate to the day-to-day operations of the choir (ex. music, printing of the programs, etc.).
The Artistic Director works directly for and reports to the Board of Directors.
- At the beginning of each monthly board meeting, the Artistic Director will update the board on all completed, current, and future business
- Will meet no less than twice monthly with the Executive Director (telephonically is sufficient)
- Recruiting volunteers to help with the operation of the choir and any outside events the choir participates in.
- Work with the Board President to set and print the agendas
- The Artistic Director works with the Board of Directors and Executive Director to develop and implement effective organizational policies as they relate to rehearsal procedures and singer management
- Work to recruit and retain choir members
- Set rehearsal and performance schedules
- Select literature
- Run all rehearsals and performances
- Collaborate with the Choir Accompanist
- Represent the choir to outside organizations, media, and business sponsors
- Utilize volunteer committees through the Board to complete tasks
- Communicate with families of choir students in a variety of media
– Associates or bachelor’s degree in music or music education, music education or choral experience preferred
– Results oriented
– Superior interpersonal skills
– Exceptional writing skills
– Ability to interact effectively and efficiently with board, Executive Director, singers and their family members