Job ID: 11923
Agency: Bureau of Information and Telecommunications/South Dakota Public Broadcasting
Salary: $18.27 – $19.19 per hour; depending on experience
Pay Grade: GI
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
For more information on South Dakota Public Broadcasting, please visit http://www.sdpb.org/home/.
South Dakota Public Broadcasting (SDPB) is a statewide, joint radio and television network, that is also South Dakota’s NPR and PBS affiliates. We seek an energetic, organized, and goal-focused individual to serve as a content producer for our flagship two-hour daily talk show, In the Moment. SDPB is looking for someone who can find and generate news from a conversation; engage the audience before, during, and after the program through social media channels; and use creativity skills to summarize a topic. Come join our growing and dynamic statewide team based in Sioux Falls, SD. We are consistently voted one of the top 10 small cities to work and live in by Forbes Magazine. With new, street level studios in both the Black Hills and Sioux Falls, we continue to broaden our appeal and exposure to the citizens of our state. You will have the opportunity to help us re-create a legacy network with our eye on the future. Come learn, dream, and grow with us. We can’t wait to welcome you!
In the Moment Digital Media Producer:
- extend program content and outreach to digital channels through creative summaries and storytelling techniques;
- develop and implement a social media strategy for In the Moment in association with our network social media director and adhere to all policies and journalistic standards of the organization;
- takes other content created by SDPB producers and make an In the Moment segment.
In the Moment Producer (On Air Duties):
- meet with the In the Moment team twice a day to discuss segment topics and guests; technical issues; timing and transitions; how to engage audience and repurpose content; and create a daily technical run-down for each show.
- record show and actively engage audience via social media;
- fill in as board operator during live program and advise other staff members who may participate from remote locations or fill the duties of control board operator;
- provide research and schedule guests;
- consult with the Director of Radio on program logistics;
- fills in program hosts duties when necessary.
In the Moment Producer (Off Air Duties):
- repurpose content for newscasts, social media, and archival web postings and maintain program’s archive library;
- work and coordinate with content producers about regular program segments;
- perform other production, recording, and scheduling duties as needed to ensure successful radio production and broadcast;
- work with student interns;
- assist in scheduling guests, research for segments, and writing copy for host.
South Dakota Public Broadcasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity and inclusion.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
The equivalent of 2-3 years of full-time experience in radio production and/or journalism is preferred. Hours of work are Monday through Friday 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Minimal travel is required for this job. This is largely a sedentary role; however, occasional assistance in studio set up and tear down is required.
- social media sites
- journalism standards and practices.
- move tables and chairs and stand on a stool;
- creatively post content;
- edit video;
- identify and create new stories;
- edit audio.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9.
The State of South Dakota offers paid employee health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation leave accrual, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information please visit https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/index.html. This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
Apply at: http://tinyurl.com/y3xdaysq
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
500 East Capitol
Pierre, SD 57501-5070
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Fax: 605.773.4344
“An Equal Opportunity Employer”