Poets and short prose writers are invited to join us as we Paint the Northern Prairie – With Words. This new event is being help in conjunction with the 4th Annual Paint the Northern Prairie plein air.
Jump start your writing, get outside your comfort zone, build creative collaborations by writing with other creatives who work in a different medium than yours, celebrate the beauty of the Northern Prairie and well—SD’s new Poet Laureate, Christine Stewart thinks you should! You’ll make new friends, eat some great pizza at the Artists’ Dinner on Friday, and have fun writing in a new way.
Bring a lawn chair, your sun hat, sunscreen, water bottle, your favorite journal, pens, pencils, mark making tools and join us in Watertown as we Paint the Northern Prairie – With Words… it’s going to be THE Best weekend of the Summer! Registration for writers is just $20.
• Friday 8:00 am: Registration at Signature Gallery at the east end of the Watertown Mall. Visual artists have their canvases stamped, writers and painters pick up registration packet along with a map of the area highlighting some special spots of visual interest.
• You can get a jumpstart on the weekend by checking in on Thursday night at the Quick Draw. The Quick Draw happens at Gather in Uptown Watertown during Thursday Night Live.
• We’ll have a list of the visual artists interested in pairing with writers if mutually desired.
• Friday evening: Artists Pizza and Root Beer party at Dempsey’s Brew Pub, 117 N Broadway, Watertown. Registered participants dine on Award Winning Pizza & pub brewed root beer. Guest/spouse tickets available for $10. A full (cash) bar is available with a wide selection of Dempsey’s micro-brewed beers.
• Saturday 8:00 am: Stamping the Canvases/registration continues at Signature Gallery and the creativity continues.
• Sunday 9 – 11 a.m: The Wet Sale set up in the Watertown Mall. The Wet Sale is open to the public from 11-3. Poetry reading begins at 1. Poets & Writers are welcome to bring their published works to sell. No commission is requested from registered writers. NPA will help man the book tables during the readings. Relax in a hospitality room for artists & writers with lunch provided.
We hope you’ll join us for the first ever, Paint the Northern Prairie – with Words!