Calling all high school songwriters!
We’re now accepting submissions to the 2021 Musical Theater Songwriting Challenge. This national contest is for high school students with a passion for writing songs that could be part of a musical theater production and the wide range of musical styles represented in contemporary musicals. for high school students w/ a passion for writing songs that could be part of a musical theater work. Submit by May 17, 2021.
The application cycle will begin in the Spring of 2021.
- April 6, 2021 – 2021 Application “official” launch
- May 17, 2021 – Deadline to apply!
- End of July 2021 – Public Announcement of 2021 winners*
*Note – all applications submitted will be notified regardless via email by 7/31/2021.
- August 2021 – Students paired with mentors and music directors
- August – September 2021 – Students and mentors workshop and develop songs via zoom.
- October – November 2021 – Students’ songs professionally recorded for studio album