MATTHEWS OPERA HOUSE & ARTS CENTER (MOH) Marketing Manager
The Marketing Manager is a full-time, salaried position requiring flexibility in scheduling including evening and weekend hours.
- ● Responsible for all MOH promotional communications including the following duties:
- ○ Develop promotional strategies and messaging for all promotional communications
- ○ Coordinate all media channels to maximize communications reach; develop new plans to gain
broader potential patron exposure
- ○ Content writing for press releases, feature stories, MOH blog, calendar of events (COE)
descriptions, social media outlets–Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and email newsletters and
- ○ Manage website design projects and provide regular site updates; oversee all website hosting and
domain name agreements and payments
- ○ Use Google Analytics to measure and analyze website marketing efforts
- ○ Photograph and/or video MOH events (both paid and free) or arrange for volunteer/ other staff
members to provide photography. Edit all photos and video for both print and web media outlets
- ○ Arts People (ticketing/box office): Set up ticketing for all MOH events. Set up pricing for each
event/packages, online fees, and discounts. Create graphics for each ticket. Ensure staff knows of
any AP box office updates. Maintain retail items on AP, if required.
- ○ Maintain attribution documentation for granting organizations (Arts Midwest, Big Read, SD Arts
- ○ Design and create all graphic elements for MOH events (Gallery, concerts/live entertainment,
community theater, Festival in the park, Big Read, Subscription Series, Fall Gala) to include posters,
playbills, tent cards, handouts and mailings, website pages, social media outlets.
- ○ Identify cost-effective printing options for marketing materials needs
- ○ Write and distribute PR releases and feature stories for upcoming events; work with Executive
Director to develop and implements strategies to gain increased media exposure for the MOH;
manage PR media distribution list and news organization/entertainment calendars
- ○ Assist Executive Director in maximizing reach for fundraising efforts and increasing volunteer
- ○ Work with FIP coordinator to increase vendor applications for FIP jurying and to increase patron
traffic during the event, especially Friday evening attendance
- ● Assist with event requirements throughout the year including theater and gallery events – including
set-up, tear-down, and hosting; actively engage in FIP support throughout the event weekend
- ● Assist with physical maintenance of MOH facility such as cleanup, sidewalk clearing, gallery work room
Individual must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, be comfortable climbing ladders, negotiate Gallery basement stairs, and stand/walk for an extended period of time outside in the City Park.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred in either communications, arts management, business, or interdisciplinary area; and/or significant work experience in the arts, events management, education, or business.
Individual must believe in the value of the arts in the Spearfish community and the importance of the Matthews Opera House as a cornerstone of community life. Individual must be high energy, outgoing, and comfortable conversing with a broad range of artists, patrons, business leaders and community visitors about all aspects of the arts center and its operations. Must have a mature demeanor and represent the arts center in a professional manner. Good writing, spelling, budgeting, and organizational skills are required. Must also have a creative spirit and enjoy the arts!