In celebration of our upcoming 25th Anniversary, Creative Capital is pleased to announce “Wild Futures: Art, Culture, Impact”— the one-time theme for our next grant cycle in 2023/2024. Over a two-year period, the Creative Capital Awards will provide up to $5 million in grants to help realize 100 artists’ projects with awards of up to $50,000 with additional advisory services per project. Since our founding in 1999, Creative Capital has been committed to funding freedom of expression through groundbreaking ideas in art and to helping artists build sustainable careers through our transformative giving model of combining financial and professional support.
We invite artists to propose experimental, risk-taking projects in the performing arts, technology, literature, visual arts, and moving image, which push boundaries formally and thematically, and/or venture into wild, out-there, never-before-seen concepts and future universes real or imagined. Ultimately, we seek proposals for groundbreaking new work—including, but not limited to, work that attends to the many relationships between social, economic, and environmental justice, and advances the global dialogue around critical issues impacting the sustainability of artists, our communities, our planet, and beyond.
Attend an info session on October 8, 2021, to hear more from our staff about the upcoming Wild Futures grant cycle. Sign Up
2023 Creative Capital Awards Timeline
- March 1 to April 1, 2022: Letter of Inquiries (LOI) accepted
- April 1, 2022 4:00 PM [Eastern Time / New York Time]: LOI deadline
- July 2022: Notification of advancement to Round II
- September 2022: Notification of advancement to Final Panel Review
- January 2023: Public announcement of 2023 Creative Capital Awards
- US citizen, permanent legal resident, or O-1 visa holder
- At least 25 years old
- Working artist(s) with at least 5 years of professional artistic practice
- Applicant may not be a full-time student
- May not apply to the Warhol Foundation Arts Writers grant program in the same year
- May not have previously received a Creative Capital Award
- May not be an applicant or collaborator on more than one proposed project per year