Fool’s 48 Film Project
March 29 @ 5:30 pm - March 31 @ 6:00 pm CDT
Fool’s 48 is an opportunity to write, produce, edit and even act in your own movie! This film project was created to enhance film as art in South Dakota and inspired by the Fischgaard Short Film in Aberdeen, SD. Our goal is to create a memorable event for amateurs and professionals alike.
Production weekend will be Friday, March 29 at 5:30pm through Sunday, March 31 at 6:00pm. A public showcase of the films will be held on Monday, April 1 at the Coyote Twin Theater in the RED Steakhouse Auditorium.
Get your team together and join us for the kickoff meeting Friday, March 29 at 5:30 at First Dakota National Bank Coyote Gallery, 12 E. Main. We will discuss rules and timelines and answer any questions.
• You’ll need to your own filming and editing equipment. You can even just use your Smartphone—doesn’t have to be fancy!
• Monetary prizes will be awarded to the top 3 films. Several other prizes will also be awarded, including Best Score, Best Writing, Best Cinematography, and more!
• Part of the challenge will be to incorporate certain required elements, like a specific line, location ,or prop. These will be disclosed at the kickoff meeting on Friday evening.
• Pick a genre! Comedy, sci-fi, Western, horror, romance . . . the list goes on. You can draw one out of a hat at the kickoff or have a genre in mind ahead of time.
• For further ideas on the 24-hours film production process, visit fischgaard.com and 48hourfilm.com.
Please message us via Vermillion Cultural Programming to register your team; include your “production company” name as well as the names of each individual. No entry fee necessary! We’ll email you the rules and regulations once your register.